Do you want people to find you on Telegram without knowing your phone number? Or do you want to add a unique username to your account? Either way, you have come to the right place-we will show you how to setup Telegram username in the guide below. Whether you are using a mobile application or a desktop application, we can meet your needs.
Although Telegram will ask you to enter your phone number to register, you don’t have to show it to others. You can send the username of other people so that they can find your account on the platform. Users can enter their username instead of their number in the search bar to find their profile. But please note that the default username is not activated in the app. With this in mind, we are here to help you. All you have to do is follow the guide below. We will show you how to set a username for your Telegram account.
Setup Telegram username
You can create a username by going to the settings in the app. If you can’t find a solution, don’t worry, we will help. All you have to do is follow our step-by-step guide below.
- Open Telegram Application.
- Open the Menu by tapping it’s icon on top-left corner.
3. Open Settings , you can also select your profile icon from the menu to open the Settings page.
4. Under the Account section, tap your current username. If you don’t have a username yet, you’ll see “None” as the option.
5. Enter your username on the empty field.
6. You’ll see a message to check if the name is available for use. To save the changes, tap the checkmark on the upper-right corner of your screen.
Important Note : The minimum number of characters for a username is five. Also, you can use a combination of letters, numbers, and underscores for the name.
This is the process of how to setup Telegram username from the mobile app. With this new function, other people can now find you on the platform without knowing your phone number.
Telegram App Link — Click Here