Computer Memory is employed to store the knowledge ( programs and data) that the pc is currently using. It’s sometimes called main or primary memory. One sort of memory is called.
Computer data is stored within the sort of memory. It contains memory which works a bit like a person’s brain. It helps to store data and directions that are to be processed before execution. memory is that the space for storing , where the info is to be processed. This memory is split into sizable amount of small parts called cells. Each location or cell features a unique address, which differs from zero to memory size minus one. for instance , if the pc has 64k words, then this memory unit has 64 * 1024 = 65536 memory locations. The address of those locations varies from 0 to 65535.
Computer Memory Primarily Stored In 3 Types :
- Cache Memory
- Primary Memory or Main Memory
- Secondary Memory
1) Cache Memory
Cache memory is taken into account as a really high speed semiconductor memory which may speed up the CPU. It acts as a buffer between the CPU and therefore the main memory. It helps to store the info and program which is employed by the CPU more frequently. The parts of knowledge and programs are transferred from the disk to cache memory by the OS , from there the CPU will access the info .Cache memory is taken into account as a really high speed semiconductor memory which may speed up the CPU. It acts as a buffer between the CPU and therefore the main memory. It helps to store the info and program which is employed by the CPU more frequently. The parts of knowledge and programs are transferred from the disk to cache memory by the OS , from there the CPU will access the info .
As follows :
- Cache memory is quicker than main memory.
- It consumes less time for accessing as compared to the most memory.
- it stores the programs and executes within a brief period of your time.
- It stores data for temporary use.
As follows :
- Limited Capacity.
- Very expensive.
2) Primary or Main Memory
Primary memory is nothing but stores the info and directions on the pc which is currently working. This memory features a limited capacity and data is lost when power is transitioned i.e it stores the info for temporary use. it’s generally made from semiconductor unit . These memories aren’t as fast as registers. the info and instruction that require to be processed resides within the main memory. it’s divided into two subcategories RAM and ROM.
- These are semiconductor memories.
- It is referred to as the most memory.
- Usually volatile memory.
- Data is lost just in case power is transitioned .
- It is the present memory of the pc .
- Faster than secondary memories.
- A computer can’t be run without the first memory.
3) Secondary Memory
This type of memory is additionally referred to as external memory or non-volatile. it’s very slow compared to the most memory. This memory stores the info and directions permanently that’s to be executed. Hence it’s called permanent storage memory. Accessing these memories doesn’t happen directly by the CPU, instead they’re accessed via input-output routines. The contents of secondary memories are first transferred to the most memory, then the CPU can access it. for instance , disk, CD-ROM, DVD, etc.
- These are magnetic and optical memories.
- It is referred to as the backup memory.
- It is a non-volatile memory.
- Data is permanently stored albeit power is transitioned . It can’t be erased.
- It is used for storage of knowledge during a computer.
- Computer can add the absence of secondary memory.
- Very slow as compared to primary memory.
Checkout Products || VIsit Amazon